Using the Software Hub
- Sign in to the Software Hub with your Essex username and password.
- Once you've signed in, you'll need to download the AppsAnywhere Launcher to get started, if you're on Windows or MacOS. If it's your first time using the Software Hub, see our start up guide for new users (.pdf).
Search for an application
To search for an application, use the search box in the top-right corner or press the "S" key on your keyboard to automatically take you to the search box.
Launch an application
There are two ways to launch most applications, Launch (HTML) and Launch:
||All operating systems
|How it works:
||Launches the application in your web browser
||Installs the application on your computer.
|Can I access my Home Directory this way?
||Yes. Using Launch (HTML) gives you access to your Home Directory so you can save and open files.
Request a newer version of an application
To request a newer version of an existing application, sign in to the Software Hub → search for the application → choose More Info →
choose request a newer version.
Compatible operating systems
Help and support
"Validation failed" error message and how to fix it
If you get this error message, it is most likely that you have not installed the AppsAnywhere Launcher and you skipped the steps to install it. To fix this:
- Sign out of the Software Hub and then sign back in.
- The download button for the AppsAnywhere Launcher will appear in the bottom-right of your screen.
- Download and install the AppsAnywhere Launcher and then try validating again.
I can't find the application I'm looking for
Some applications are not available in the Software Hub for licensing or technical reasons. This includes but is not limited to:
Please speak to the IT Helpdesk if you have any questions about accessing these applications.