The Essex Collection of Art from Latin America (ESCALA), which originated in the Centre for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, is a focus for international, interdisciplinary teaching and research. We teach mainly in the School of Philosophy and Art History and in the Interdisciplinary Studies Centre.
We offer students:
- frontrunner placements
- the arrangement of internships
- Proficio courses on digitisation
- the use of our specialised archive
For staff we can advise on:
forthcoming object-based learning sessions run in collaboration with Organisational Development
- the use of our artworks or archival material in research and/or teaching
- the development of exhibitions and public programmes in relation to research bids
We provide expertise on many aspects of Latin American art and can advise on the copyright, charges and use of our digital archive, internally and externally.
Working with Arts Education Outreach Officers, we offer artwork-led sessions on Latin America suitable for schools and further education.