Help keep our campuses safe by reporting someone's unsafe behaviour and hazards.
What you can do
Think about your own safety first. Without endangering
yourself or the individual concerned, you can raise it directly.
If you do this please also report the incident (see below) as
this will assist in preventing a similar incident happening
It is not a problem if you do not feel comfortable with a direct
approach. You can also report the incident. Please do this as soon as possible and give as much information as possible (including photographs is also useful) to help with identification.
Reporting contractor behaviour
Unsafe behaviour by contractors (or Estate Management staff) should be reported to your campus's estate or facilities helpdesk. This includes incidents such as unsafe use of vehicles on campus, premises hazards/faults (damage, spills) and damage to anything provided for fire safety.
- Colchester Campus Estate Management Helpdesk
- Southend Campus Facilities Helpdesk
- Loughton Campus Facilities Helpdesk
Reporting staff member behaviour
Please report unsafe behaviour or fire safety concerns to their manager or department (if known) or to the Health and Safety Advisory Service (see below).
Unsafe behaviour by Estate Management staff should be reported to your campus's estate or facilities helpdesk (see contractor information above).
Reporting student behaviour
Depending on the location or activity, you can report unsafe behaviour or hazards:
- in accommodation to Residence Life or Student Services Hub
- during studies, report to the relevant department
- public areas of campus: venue staff, Information Centre (Colchester) or reception/security personnel at Southend or Loughton