Using our colours
Less is more when it comes to using our bold colours, so avoid the use of lots of block colours, with no more than two colours as well as black and white, unless there are exceptional reasons to do so. For example, two contrasting colours on a poster is enough.
- Black, white and grey are the foundation colours for the palette. All colours work alongside these.
- Our bold colours can be used as lead colours or as accents with the greys.
- All of the colours can be used as solid blocks or transparent overlays.
- Scarlet and violet, though they no longer feature in the logo, are recognisably Essex and should be used in a more modern way.
- Text colour – black and white should be used predominately, but other colours from our palette can be used to add accents.
- When choosing images or taking new photo’s incorporating our bold colours can help your marketing content look like Essex and really make it pop, capturing your audience’s attention.
- You can use a gradient overlay or as duotones on imagery*, to give your image a pop of colour and Essex feel. See our recommended gradients.
*Our graphic design team at CDS can advise on the correct application as the base image will need to be black and white for the effect to be applied correctly
Our colour combinations
We’ve done the work for you and come up with colour combinations that give effective colour contrast on your communications and marketing materials/content.
Choose from these combinations: