The Masters Preparation Programme is for students who are intending to enrol on a postgraduate taught course at University of Essex having received an offer of study. It is designed to make sure you are ready for the jump to postgraduate teaching if you are coming from an undergraduate degree or have been out of study for a while.
The course is divided into three core modules, covering important parts of postgraduate taught study – including teaching, learning, research, and academic integrity.
Throughout, you'll build your academic skills, and a range of others that will help you to succeed at university. You'll learn through mixed delivery methods, such as video and text - and as the course is online, you can study at a pace that suits you.
On completing this course, you will:
- Understand the level and context of a Masters degree within the UK HE environment
- Have an awareness the learning methods used at Masters level, and the capability to navigate them.
- Bolster your independent learning skills, and gain greater understanding of academic ownership.
- Understand what it means to be critical, and apply critical skills to Masters level thinking, reading and writing
- Be ready to undertake research at Masters level
How to enrol
You can sign-up for the course now by following these simple steps:
- Register with 'Open Essex', the online platform this course will take place on. You’ll need to select ‘Create new account’ at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm your account by clicking the link in the email sent to you.
- Enrol on the Masters Preparation Programme by logging into Open Essex and pressing "Enrol now".