The Student Accommodation Code
The SAC sets out the main elements of good management practice of student housing within the UK. We are part of the scheme, to help make sure you have the best experience whilst living on campus.
The Code protects your rights to:
- A healthy, safe environment
- Timely repairs and maintenance
- A clean, pleasant living environment
- A formal, contractual relationship with your landlord
- Access to health and wellbeing services
- A living environment free from anti-social behaviour
Further information can be found online on the SAC website.
The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK)/ Unipol National Code of Standards for Large Student Developments, covers The Meadows, The Copse and University Quays accommodation, which are managed by Derwent Students. Derwent are part of the scheme to make sure you have the best experience whilst living on campus.
The Code is in place to:
- give confidence that the property is of a good standard and is properly managed and regulated
- provide assurance that repairs and maintenance are carried out to defined timescales
- give clarity and transparency on contracts and on management practices and routines
- shows where to go for help if problems arise and provide a codified complaints process, including a referral mechanism for independent consideration and recommended course of action, as well as general consumer protection
Further information can be found online on the ANUK website.