About The Towers
A real sociable atmosphere, the North Towers offers a great sense of community where you can hang out with friends and feel the buzz of people sharing a flat together. Just a two-minute walk to the centre of campus. The North Towers are located near the Essex Business School, as well as the Tony Rich, Causeway and North Teaching Centres.
Each tower is made up of flats to accommodate 14 to 16 students. The number and size of the facilities, such as rooms, showers and toilets, within each flat, can vary:
- Central shared kitchen/dining area
- Breakfast included (single occupancy rooms only)
- Bedrooms located on either side
- There are 3 toilets and 2 showers in each flat to share in William Morris and Tawney Towers.
- There are 4 showers and 4 toilets in each flat to share in Keynes and Rayleigh Towers
- Two lifts in each building and an emergency staircase
- North Towers are available for undergraduates
- There are 26 self-contained apartments and 653 single, shared facility rooms
There are some smaller flats at either the top or the bottom of each tower, each accommodating between three and seven students and there are some self-contained apartments, which are usually available for our postgraduate students.
Bed and Breakfast
New for 2023-24! Students who will be living in North Towers single occupancy rooms from the 2023-24 academic year, will receive a free breakfast every weekday (Monday to Friday).
This will be a 5 item cooked breakfast (no drink) served between 7.30am and 11am in Canteen on Square 3. There is no takeaway option, so you have to eat it on site.
The items include:
- Sausage or veggie sausage
- Mini omelette or fried egg
- Grilled tomato
- Hash brown
Essex Food will provide you with a pre-loaded meal card (when you collect your accommodation keys). The cost of the breakfast will be cleared from the card at 11am each day, if it has not been used. If you lose the card, Essex Food will provide a replacement, although there will be a £10 replacement fee.
This offer is not available to students living in self-contained apartments.