Registrar's key roles
Bryn oversees 9 professional services:
- Academic section
- Estates and Campus Services
- Communications and External Relations
- Finance, Planning and Data Insight
- People and Culture
- Digital Innovation and Technology Services
- Library and Cultural Services
- Research and Enterprise Office
- Office of the Vice-Chancellor, including the Governance Team, the Information Assurance Team and Southend Campus Operations
Other units he is responsible for include the Knowledge Gateway
Before joining the University of Essex in 2011, Bryn was Director of Administration and Secretary at the Institute of Education, University of London, a post he had held since 2005.
He previously worked in senior management positions at the Audit Commission (from 1998 to 2005) and the British Coal Corporation. Born in Writtle, Essex, he is a University of Cambridge history graduate.