The session will begin with breathing techniques to allow the mind to settle and the muscles to relax and lengthen. The focus of this class will be to gain strength and flexibility primarily for posture. Targeting the neck, shoulders, hip flexors, hamstrings and working the posterior oblique sling.
Options will be given for beginners and more advanced practitioners.
For this class we recommend you use a mat, and some will be available if attending on campus. Please ensure you wear comfortable clothing and conduct this in an open space suitable to conduct stretches.
These sessions are suitable for beginners and advanced users. In between these sessions you will be provided with additional daily/weekly meditation resources to use outside of the sessions.
The sessions provided by Daniel Rutter from Step into your Greatness are actionable and practical aimed at staff and students looking to achieve the following positive outcomes including:
- Understanding how to manage stress and boost resilience with the aid of mindfulness/meditation
- Making meditation a daily habit to prioritise your health and happiness
- Better manage stress and anxiety by focusing on each task moment to moment
- Learning how to master concentration with the aid of meditation
- Developing the fundamentals of mindfulness and meditation with guided meditations
- Unlocking a further sense of calm, joy and fulfilment
- Discovering how you can increase their performance with mindfulness accessing 'flow'