Computational Finance workshop
We held this workshop at the University of Essex in September 2017. Our invited speaker was Richard Olsen founder of Blockchain and Financial product provider Lykke.
We hold AI seminars in conjunction with the AI research group of CSEE. Speakers are internal members of our department as well as external experts, like Ioannis Caragiannis from the University of Patras.
Economics and Computer Science seminar series
In 2018/19 this seminar series was run jointly by CCFEA and the Economics department with very distinguished world-leading scientists as invited speakers.
- November 7: Nina Bobkova (EUI)
- November 16: Elias Koutsoupias (University of Oxford)
- December 13: Noam Nisan (Hebrew University)
- May 1: Larry Samuelson (Yale University)
- May 15: George Christodoulou (University of Liverpool)
- May 22: Paul Goldberg (University of Oxford)
- June 4: Philipp Strack (Berkeley University)
- June 19: Gabriel Carroll (Stanford University)
We celebrated the 18-year anniversary of our centre in October 2020 with a talk by Professor Edward Tsang. Edward is an emeritus professor at the University of Essex. He is a co-founder (2002) and previous Director (2009-2016) of the Centre for Computational Finance and Economic Agents (CCFEA). Professor Tsang discussed "Detecting regime change in computational finance" on Friday 16th October.
We hosted the 15th International Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT 2022) at the University of Essex.
The conference had world renowned keynote speakers including Prof. Aggelos Kiayias who talked about Decentralizing Information Technology: The Advent of Resource Based Systems.