Would you like to organise activities or initiatives within the YUFE network and further explore diversity and inclusivity within YUFE?
YUFE Diversity and Inclusivity (D&I) Grants encourage innovative activities promoting diversity, inclusion and equity, in line with YUFE’s D&I promises and aims. These grants provide funding for interdisciplinary student-staff teams to translate ideas into activities, tools and research related to diversity and inclusion that could produce a sustainable impact on our YUFE community.
YUFE (Young Universities for the Future of Europe) is a pioneering alliance, which includes ten, leading, research-intensive young universities aiming to develop a new European University.
You can apply for a YUFE D&I Grant of £1,000 to fund your project.
All applicants must adhere to the following requirements:
- Funding shall only be granted for new activities or clear extensions of existing activities in alignment with the purpose of this initiative and conforms with the funding criteria.
- Teams should be diverse. Student/staff cooperation is mandatory. Interfaculty collaboration is preferred. Collaboration with external partners is also welcome.
- The maximum duration of the proposed project/activity is from March 2022 until August 2022. This is the funding period.
- Only one proposal can be submitted per main applicant (this must be a staff member).
- Grant recipients are required to submit a short report and present their project and its outcomes as part of the YUFE D&I Lecture Series in Autumn 2022.
Proposals will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance for and contribution to YUFE’s D&I strategy
- Plan of execution (including budget overview)
- Relation to existing initiatives both within and beyond YUFE
- Impact and expected results
The selection procedure consists of two stages:
- Based on the requirements and criteria listed above, the selection panel will invite a selected number of proposals to pitch their ideas on 21 February 2022.
- Based on the pitches, as well as the requirements and criteria listed above, we will notify successful applicants by 28 February 2022.
To apply, please fill in the D&I Grants Proposal Form (.docx) All proposals have to be submitted using this form.
Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2022