How to Apply
We understand that applying for a postgraduate qualification is a new
experience, so we’re here to provide you with the information you need to make
How do I apply?
We welcome online applications. Our online application form takes about 20 minutes to complete but you can save
and return to it, if you need to.
With your application, you should provide:
- your personal details;
- academic qualifications that you already hold or are waiting to complete;
- English language qualifications (eg IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson); and
- the name and contact details for two academic or professional referees.
pgadmit (non-Essex users add @essex.ac.uk) if you have specific questions or would like any further
information before applying.
Is there anything else I need to do?
You must also send your ‘supporting documents’ - we can not process
your application until these have been received. You can upload copies of
documents within your application form or you can upload additional documents at
a later date, by returning to our website. Your references can be sent directly
What are my supporting documents?
Your supporting documents should include:
- transcripts of your university-level studies to date;
- copies of certificate(s) for any degrees or other awards that you completed;
- a research proposal;
- two verifiable references; and
- any other items which your department requires
We may ask for originals if you are offered a place. Full details are
available within our online application form.
I have a disability. How can you help me?
If you have a disability, then your application will considered against the
same academic criteria as other candidates. If you are disabled you should state
this on your application form so that early consideration can be given to
meeting your accommodation and, where necessary, daily care requirements.