The Faculty values its role in helping students to develop the skills they need
to choose and secure a rewarding career through:
- courses that develop academic skills;
- developing personal and professional skills and encouraging
learning from work;
- encouraging students to take part in extra-curricular
activities, such as internships, volunteering and study abroad;
- helping to guide students through their university career
and prepare for their graduate career.
Our university publishes an
employability statement, which describes in more detail how students are
supported at Essex during and after their studies.
"Modules are well designed and there appears to be a
lot of thought about transferable,
employable skills behind the assessments."
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
Graduates from our faculty go into a variety of jobs and
many chose to remain at Essex for further study.
Jobs that our graduates have gone on to do
- Public Relations
- Personnel Officer
- Scientific Researcher
- Market Research Analyst
- Fundraising, campaigns and appeals Organiser
- Finance and Investment Analyst/Advisor
- Financial Analyst
- Chartered and Certified Accountants
These are in a wide variety of sectors, including organisations and companies
- DE Pensions
- Local Government (County Council, Borough or District
- CAA International
- Department of Health
- Ernst and Young (Baltic)