Let’s have a huge party! 12-14 September 2014
In 1964, 122 students arrived at a new university which, quite frankly, would still have looked a little like a building site! But those students had come to a university built upon a very
bold vision where they would be asked to challenge the status quo and to think on a global scale.
Fifty years on and a lot has happened - from research that changed the world, to revolutionary student protests. We’ve got bigger and we’ve got better.
We are enormously proud to have helped over 70,000 students graduate and we want to say a big thank you and to invite you back for a massive celebration!
Reconnect with friends, fellow alumni and your lecturers - you can even stay in William Morris Tower or South Courts! We’ve planned lots of great events, including:
- a huge party on Saturday evening with live music and more
- lunch with your department
- re-opening the Hex for an exhibition of your memories and photos – so send us yours!
- lectures from leading academics on sexual attractiveness, tattoos, terrorism, conquering Everest, happy cows… and a magical presentation from Professor Todd Landman.
- family friendly film screenings, robots, Zorb football, rides, art, face-painting, interactive campus trails and glow in the dark sport